Trigeminal Neuralgia (tic douloureux) HELP

Michael Kelly mkelly at
Tue Oct 31 15:56:25 EST 1995

JLCCJC (jlccjc at wrote:
: My husband was just diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia and was wondering
: if anyone out there has any experience with this.  We know so little right
: now.  We got infor on the Trigeminal Neuralgia Association (TNA), other
: than that, we have no understanding of this, what to expect, if he should
: get a second opinion, etc.   His family practionar diagnosed my husband
: from his symptoms.  I think he should see a neurologist, but my husband
: sees no point.  He started taking Tegretol twice a day starting yesterday.
:  Does it take a while for this to start working?

: Any information anyone may have on this would be greatly appreciated.
: Thanks.

I just ran across this URL for an MGH neurological discussion group:

: CjanelC

"To commit the perfect crime, you don't have to be intelligent,
 just in charge of the investigation that follows."