Explainning the consciousness processes by new physical theories

Jason L. Eriksen jerikse at news.luc.edu
Mon Sep 18 22:18:46 EST 1995

Ken,

   First, I am impressed by your thoughtful responses to some of the more
grizzled members of our little group.  Many who come up with new ideas are
at first ridiculed by the more conventional scientists before their ideas
are accepted.

   However, I'm not sure that I can accept your ideas or your ontology.
Unfortunately, I still stuck without WWW access, so forgive me if what
I ask seems a needless duplication of the facts.

   Where are the errors?  I saw no rigorous mathemetical proofs or
empirical tests in the brief excerpts which show that scientific
principles have been overextended.  Theories, such as Einstein's
analysis of time, have been verified by many empirical tests, and
have not yet been shown to be inadequate in any meaningful sense.  One might even
argue that these theories have been even more powerful than initially
suggested, because they predicted new properties even up to the present

   How can one determine relative motions of the measuring apparatus with
adequate precision, as you suggest?  I assume that you are referring to
vectoral, not scalar, quantites.  Given the nature of uncertainty, how does
one solve the problem?.

   I also do not accept the idea that the human mind is "unlimited" in its
capabilites.  It appears to be quite limited in processing speed, accurate
storage, and retrieval capabilities.   However, you said that you were
able to vastly improve your mental capabilities using "Pyramid techniques."
Could you briefly explain what Pyramid Techniques are, and where you learned
of them?