Dismutase-Mannitol, TRIS(THAM), cerebral ischemia

Mike Croning michael.croning at st-cross.ox.ac.uk
Fri Sep 1 09:43:01 EST 1995

In article <100073-2908950024440001 at dd11-045.compuserve.com>
Hans E Heissler <100073> wrote:
> Hello world,
>
> we are working on a dissertation dealing with the therapeutic effects of
> Dismutase plus Mannitol and TRIS/THAM during 1 h ouf ischemia and 1 hour
> of reperfusion in brain tissue.
> Unfortunately, there is less literature (virtually nothing) about
> extracelluar measurements of potassium and pH using microelectrodes when
> these drugs were administered.

I have several years experience with using K+-selective microelectrodes in
vivo/in vitro for studying effects of brain hypoxia.

I have not investigated the treatments you mention or done any ischaemia.
However, if you are interested in the practical aspects of ion-selective
recording - I could probably help out.

Mike Croning
Department of Clinical Pharmacology
University of Oxford