Unethical practices - drug industry

MAIKAI maikai at aol.com
Thu Sep 7 21:51:29 EST 1995

>>>It appears there is some concern on the part of at least one individual
in
our group about the abundance of promotional literature in doctors'
offices.  He or she stated that if they enter an office with a lot of
promotional literature, they leave (not a quote but a paraphrase).<<<

NO NO NO!!! I said promotional "items" not literature. By items I mean
computers with the drug company's name plastererd all over it, briefcases,
etc......items that are given as gifts to docs---with the drug company's
name and drug in plain view.  Literature---particularly brochures that
outline adverse side effects of drugs and symptoms to be aware of is a
good idea.....since not all docs or pharmacists tell the patients of
adverse effects, or why they are even prescribing the drug.