bionet.neuroscience.not.aspartame

Betty Martini betty at noel.pd.org
Fri Sep 8 17:08:28 EST 1995

Dear Rifle:  I just answered the cancer bit in the post before this for
Dr. Robin.  However, it caused brain tumors in rats, and not in high
amounts. Dr. Roberts wrote:  DOES ASPARTAME CAUSE HUMAN BRAIN CANCER?
(Journal of Advancement in Medicine, Volume 4, Number 4 Winter 1991).
This has been peer reviewed.  There were other cancers also including
mammary tumors, ovarian tumors, etc.

A Board of Inquiry was convened by the FDA because of this problem and
said not to approve aspartame because of the brain tumors and seizures.
Dr. ARthur Hull Hayes, head of the FDA, over-ruled his own Board of Inquiry
and approved it anyway.  Then he went to work for Searle's Public
Relation's firm and refused to speak to the press for 10 years!

In Dr. Roberts paper he said: "The title of this article should disturb
seasoned clinicians.  It suggests that several major human cancers may be
caused or influenced by an additive currently being consumed by more than
half the population."  Be concerned when you see youngsters with
lymphoma. We're trying to get records on those with astrocytomas because
they are rare, and yet were produced by aspartame.  No brain tumor
registry says they keep account of these, and one told me: "We were told
not to record them."

Dr. H. J. Roberts just published a new report in an excellent peer review
journal (1632 NEUROLOGY 45 August 1995) having to do with Aspartame and
headache.  He goes into how they tested aspartame, not using real world
products.  He's speaking about the tests that are suppose to prove it safe.
Actually it was never proven safe and if you would like to read 250 pages
of research, a whole lot about the tests I'll be glad to email it to you,
and also case histories taken off the net.

Did I ever give you instructions to the auto-responder?.  Also, I have an
interesting post on how aspartame blinds you.

Dr. Roberts also just wrote a new position paper on aspartame and
pregnancy, children and infants.

Betty Martini
Domain:  betty at pd.org
UUCP:  ...!emory!pd.org!betty