Unethical practices - drug industry

Kurt James Purcell purcell at ee.ualberta.ca
Tue Sep 12 10:36:05 EST 1995

sbharris at ix.netcom.com (Steven B. Harris ) writes:

>   Could you post the names of drug companies who give briefcases and
>computers to doctors?  Somehow I've always missed them and got nothing
>but the lousy pens.

>                                             Left Out,

>                                             Steve Harris, M.D.

Steve,

Perhaps you are working to hard and not seeing the right sales reps.  Last year
every pharmacist where I work (abit in Canada) got an Italian Leather
briefcase from the Claritin sales rep (cute little calculator and
pen included).  I've got pens and pads of paper coming out of my
ears (as well as apo-tex socks, novo-pharm cookie jar, benedryl
sweatshirt, Procotor and Gamble cassette holder case, etc, etc....)

I won't even mention the free pizza every month from the Abbott sales rep,
the dinners put on by Glaxo, ........

Michelle
purcell at datanet.ab.ca (as of Sept 14/95)
purcell at nyquist.ee.ualberta.ca