Unethical practices - drug industry

Jason Kennerly jkenner at cello.gina.calstate.edu
Sat Sep 16 14:10:09 EST 1995

sbharris at ix.netcom.com (Steven B. Harris ) writes:
>    Could you post the names of drug companies who give briefcases and
> computers to doctors?  Somehow I've always missed them and got nothing
> but the lousy pens.

HAHaHAH!

I've seen a really spiffy "Zoloft" clock - see thru, appeared that LCD
numbers were "floating" in glass. Nothing more expensive ever...

Promotional literature is cool. I especially like the creative ways
journal articles and data are "extracted" into one big packet that makes
a drug look like a godsend. ... and makes the competitors drug look evil.
One of the best examples of such promotional PR I have seen to date is
the one Lilly puts out about "dose titration in the naturalistic
setting"... the actual study contained at the core is very interesting as
it never mentions how initial antidepresant choice was made, WHY zoloft
dose was raised wheras prozac dose was not (fluoxetine, being less
selective than sertraline, probably has a higher incidence of SIDE
EFFECTS at higher dosages... heheheh) etc etc

--
    /    \ |      \|   /\   |     \   jkenner at cello.gina.calstate.edu
  /___/\   \___|>   >       |__|>   > BORN TO BE WIRED...
 /         |       /   /\  |       /  All the sugar and twice the
 \_________|______/|___\/__|______/   caffeine of regular netusers!
 finger me and make a pgp key come.