Explainning the consciousness processes by new physical theories

Hannah Dvorak hdvorak at cns.caltech.edu
Fri Sep 15 18:44:01 EST 1995

In article <43cesh$11k at eri1.erinet.com>, kenseto at erinet.com (Ken Seto) says:

>Joseph Strout <jstrout at ucsd.edu> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 14 Sep 1995, Ken Seto wrote:

[snip]

>As for the consciousness process, neuroscientists have no idea how the
>neurons in the brain communicate with each other.

I don't know how you can even post such a statement here.  We know a
heck of a lot about how neurons communicate with each other; pick up
any intro to neuro text and read up about synapses.  Granted, there's
still a lot of details to be worked out, but the fundamentals are
pretty well understood.

[talk of "E-STRINGS" (whatever they are) deleted]

Hannah Dvorak			hdvorak at cns.caltech.edu
Division of Biology 216-76
California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125