Explainning the consciousness processes by new physical theories

Ken Seto kenseto at erinet.com
Mon Sep 18 23:41:07 EST 1995

jerikse at news.luc.edu (Jason L. Eriksen) wrote:

>Ken,

>   First, I am impressed by your thoughtful responses to some of the more
>grizzled members of our little group.  Many who come up with new ideas are
>at first ridiculed by the more conventional scientists before their ideas
>are accepted.

>   Where are the errors?  I saw no rigorous mathemetical proofs or
>empirical tests in the brief excerpts which show that scientific
>principles have been overextended.  Theories, such as Einstein's
>analysis of time, have been verified by many empirical tests, and
>have not yet been shown to be inadequate in any meaningful sense.  One might even
>argue that these theories have been even more powerful than initially
>suggested, because they predicted new properties even up to the present

Einstein's analysis of time is discussed in detail in Chapter 2 of my
book. It seems that the concept of absolute time is discarded in favor
of the concept of absolute  timing mechanism and it is this led to the
conclusion that time is dilatable. In my book I have included several
thought experiments that can illustrate the absoluteness of time and
what appears to be time dilation is caused by  the changes in the rate
of flow of time of all timing mechanism at different inertia frames.

>   How can one determine relative motions of the measuring apparatus with
>adequate precision, as you suggest?  I assume that you are referring to
>vectoral, not scalar, quantites.  Given the nature of uncertainty, how does
>one solve the problem?.
When I said  the 'relative motions of the measuring apparatuses' I
mean its motions with respect to the light pulses that they are
receiving--this is measurable and the results of the double-slit
experiment is a prime example of this idea.

>   I also do not accept the idea that the human mind is "unlimited" in its
>capabilites.  It appears to be quite limited in processing speed, accurate
>storage, and retrieval capabilities.   However, you said that you were
>able to vastly improve your mental capabilities using "Pyramid techniques."
>Could you briefly explain what Pyramid Techniques are, and where you learned
>of them?
The step by step procedure of the pyramid techniques is outlined in my
book. The most important step of the pyramid is to come up with a
model of the present state of the universe that can accomodate the
past observations and experiments. In other words, the formulator has
all the freedom in the world to come up a  model of the present state
of our universe but this model  must be capable of explaining all the
past observations and experiments.