Explaining consciousness

backon at vms.huji.ac.il backon at vms.huji.ac.il
Wed Sep 20 09:58:45 EST 1995

In article <243is351 at neubio.gov.ar>, Postmaster at neubio.gov.ar (Administrador del Nodo) writes:
> Hello, all!
>             Of course, is incorrect what Dave (dave.davies@
> anu.edu.ar) says about that our conventional neuroscientific
> views, or its variants, can "fully" explain the brain. If it
> were so both myself and all my colleagues here shall inmedia-
> tely abandon the discipline.  Evidently, the natural selection
> of mechanisms to produce sensuality is still almost unapproa-
> ched by our science, due to general cultural reasons.

If you only knew what went on in Bechtereva's lab at the Leningrad
Military Hospital (Russia) in the late 1970's, you'd probably leave
neuroscience altogether :-)

>            So, without defending Ken Seto, I am much interes-
> ted in what he and Dave have to say about neurobiophysics in
> a submolecular, quantum-electrodynamic and field-theory level.
> In a nutshell, of course, to be eventually developed!

Read the two papers by Reid in MEDICAL HYPOTHESES 1995;44:519-535. I
think Reid gives an interesting explanation.

Josh
backon at VMS.HUJI.AC.IL