HELP: NE uptake inhibitors

XZHENG at GAMMA.IS.TCU.EDU XZHENG at GAMMA.IS.TCU.EDU
Wed Sep 20 14:32:20 EST 1995

Hi, everybody:
We are studying NE uptake by brain cortical synaptosomes and we need specific
inhibitors which block only the plasma membrane transporters and only the
vesicular transporters, respectively. Are reserpine and tetrabenazine the
selective blockers for vesicular uptake and desipramine the selective blocker
for plasma membrane uptake? Or there are some other specific drugs we can use?
Any comments or references will be greatly appreciated.
thanks!      Alan Zheng
chemistry dept.
Texas Christian Univ.
Tel: (817) 921-7195  ext. 6150