Computing Technologies 2010

Randall Gallimore gallimore.randall.rj at bhp.com.au
Wed Sep 20 20:51:46 EST 1995

I am involved in a research project called "Advanced Computing Applications"
(ACAP). The main objective is to try and identify 3-4 computing technologies
that may have a significant impact on our business in the year 2010.

One key milestone in the project is:
Identification of emerging or embryonic computing technologies.

These may take the form of emerging or embryonic: software applications;
computing hardware; communications hardware; novel combinations of existing
technologies; fields of computer science; etc.

To supplement the traditional methods of acquiring this information, I am
posting this article to get direct leads to companies, universities, research
organisations and/or people that may be relevant. If the uncovered technologies
do indeed facilitate a significant business impact, then there may be the
possibility of collaboration and/or funding for the work.

So...what "out-of-the-box" work is being done out there? All information and
leads greatfully accepted. Please email me directly if possible. If there is
sufficent interest, I would be happy to submit a summary to the group.

Thanks for your time,

Randall
|    /\/\    : Randall Gallimore, Computer Scientist      |
|   / / /\   : BHP Research - Newcastle Laboratories      |
|  / / /  \  : Vale St, Shortland, NSW, Australia, 2307   |
| / / / /\ \ : Postal Address: PO Box 188, Wallsend, 2287 |
| \ \/ / / / : Phone: +61 49 510622  TieLine: 88432 622   |
|  \  / / /  : Fax: +61 49 501457                         |
|   \/\/\/   : E-mail: gallimore.randall.rj at bhp.com.au    |