temporal memory

Matt Jones jonesmat at ohsu.edu
Thu Sep 21 12:02:38 EST 1995

In article
<Pine.SUN.3.91.950920211301.14703B-100000 at aldebaran.oac.uci.edu> Neal
Prakash, eamg061 at aldebaran.oac.uci.edu writes:
>music. so would this type of memory be primarily "stored" in the
>hippocampus, cerebellum, pma, basal ganglia, etc, or distributed across
>the whole cortex?

This won't be of much help, but I get the feeling that conscious planning
actually interferes with complex motor coordination, especially once the
song or dance has been learned initially. I often have the sensation that
*I* don't know how to play a piece, but rather that my *fingers* do, and
they wish I'd just leave them alone and let them do their job. So my
theory is that the locus of this knowledge is the fingers (!).