temporal memory

Christopher T. Lovelace CL1779A at american.edu
Mon Sep 25 11:59:45 EST 1995

In article <Pine.3.89.9509231144.C2700-0100000 at lex.lccc.edu>
rcb1 at LEX.LCCC.EDU (Ron Blue) writes:

>> On Fri, 22 Sep 1995, Christopher T. Lovelace wrote:
>> > Neal,
>> > info. packaged together.  Instead, we seem to store bits and pieces that
>> > are sort of semi-loosely connected.  When one "bit" emerges into
>> > consciousness, the connected bits are sucked up into consciousness with it.
>> > This can be demonstrated by looking at memory failure (i.e., "remembering"
>> > that your best friend in high school had a green '69 Mustang, only to
>> > find out that it was, in fact, a red '69 Mustang).
>This explaination I find the most interesting.  Red/green is an opponnent-
>process.  The mind may switch colors from the perceived color to the
>opponnent color.   Any research on this?  Ron Blue

The colors I chose in this illustration were arbitrary.  Basically, what I
meant was that it is quite possible to have a vivid, detailed memory of
something, only to later find that some of the details have become distorted
over time (perhaps another friend had a green Mustang).  Although, it might
be interesting to look at color memory mistakes and see if they are more
common in opponent colors.

Chris Lovelace              cl1779a at american.edu