anti-mitotic agent in CNS?

Brian Scott scott at
Mon Sep 25 12:40:42 EST 1995

can anyone suggest an agent which can selectively halt mitosis in neural
precursor (stem cells) in vivo, leaving differentiated neurons ok?
Temporarily or permanently; both are fine.  I hope there exists such a
beast, which will have few side effects.  Thanks.

Brian Scott                   | "They are in you and in me; they created us,
Department of Psychology      |  body and mind; and their preservation is
University of Toronto, Canada |  the ultimate rationale for our existence."