Fluorescent bioprobes development WWW Board

Dr. Steve Potter spotter at gg.caltech.edu
Tue Sep 26 23:55:53 EST 1995

From: "A. W. Czarnik (313) 996-5246" <CZARNIA at aa.wl.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 14:26:13 -0700
Subject: New WWW Fluorosensor Board

Memo to:        scientific colleagues involved in cell biology research

From:           Tony Czarnik, Director, BioOrganic Chemistry, Parke-Davis
Subject:        WWW page for posting ideas for new cell sensors

Dear Colleague:

I have agreed to serve as Editor for a WWW site called Fluorescent
Chemosensors and Biosensors.  The purpose of this site is to give cell
biologists and others with a need for new and selective fluorescent
sensors ("indicators") a place to post what they need.  Chemists who
monitor this page will then know what needs making and who to
collaborate with.

We are just about to begin advertising the existence of this Database,
and it would be very useful if a few 'seed' proposals could be
submitted.  If you have an interest in viewing an analyte in
real-time, as can be done now for calcium ion, I would ask you to take
a moment and post it.  The posting process is very, very simple and
carries no obligation whatsoever .  The site address is:

http://www.cursci.co.uk/fluoro/

I would encourage you to distribute this info via e-mail or FAX to any
of your colleagues who might also be able to post an analyte of
interest.  Thank you for your help.

Tony Czarnik
czarnia at aa.wl.com

--