Please reply: syringomyelia

Nicholas Mailer nickm at easynet.co.uk
Sat Sep 30 17:50:52 EST 1995

Hello,

Sorry to butt in with a problem which I know has been covered before, but my
cousin in South Africa has just been diagnosed with a type 1 Arnold-Chiara
malformation with associated syringomyelia extending from C2 to the lower
level of T3.

This is apparently congenital, but only manifested itself during her recent
pregnancy and birth of her first baby on the 8th of September by epidural
Cesarean.

Once again, sorry to butt in, but no-one seems to know much about this
problem, and my family is getting very worried.

Nick Mailer
London, England.