JOB OFFER-UK: CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST/NEUROPSYCHOLOGIST

Bobby Das bdas at ln.nimh.nih.gov
Tue Apr 2 15:19:30 EST 1996

Department of Psychological Medicine and the Neurosciences Unit
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, NHS Trust
and the Institute of Child Health, London, England
Principal Clinical Psychologist, Grade A
Annual Salary Scale:  21,488 - 23,078 English pounds
A pediatric epilepsy surgery programme was established recently at this
hospital by an interdisciplinary team consisting of  neurologists,
neuropsychologists, neuroradiologists, neurosurgeons, neurophyiologists,
and neuropsychiatrists.  We are now looking for a recently graduated
clinical psychologist or neuropsychologist to work with this team on a
full time basis to provide a largely autonomous clinical
psychology/neuropsychology service.  The position also offers an exciting
opportunity to conduct basic research in children with the aim of
correlating neuropsychological function with neuropathology measured by
state-of-the-art neuroimaging techniques.  We therefore particularly
welcome applications from individuals with a strong research interest in
this area.

Candidates should have an APA-approved Ph.D. in clinical
psychology/neuropsychology and have completed internships in adult mental
health, learning disabilities, pediatrics, and one other specialization,
such as addiction or work with the elderly, in order to quickly gain a
Certificate of  Equivalence to practice in the United Kingdom.  At least
one year of experience working in a pediatric facility would be
advantageous.

For  further information about the position, please contact :

   Dr. Faraneh Vargha-Khadem
   TEL:  44 171 837 7618
   FAX:  44 171 833 9469

For an application form and job description, call our 24-hour Recruitment
Line:

   44 171 829 8606

      or write:

   Personnel Department
   Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, NHS Trust
   London, England WC1N 3IH
      Please quote Ref:  50SP

Closing date for applications:  April 30, 1996

--
Saumitra "Bobby" Das
National Institute of Mental Health
email: bdas at ln.nimh.nih.gov