Visual Tracers

Michael Jones mjones at amgen.com
Thu Apr 4 08:50:41 EST 1996

I have a question regarding vision.  All my life I have seen tracers.
This is where the refresh rate of my vision is slow and I see traces of
objects behind them as they move.  I also occasionally see small
explosions of light (looks like a non-moving falling star) in my
peripheral vision or complex patterns.  These effects are all enhanced
if I am tired.  I think this is a neurological phenomenon and I was
wondering if anyone knows the official name of such visual anomalies.
--
Michael D. Jones
Protien Structure

mjones at amgen.com
*** Disclaimer: These are the opinions of the poster not Amgen Inc.***