Laurie Davison ldavison at
Fri Apr 5 13:26:40 EST 1996

Regarding apomorphine,
    Consulting my PDR...apomorphine is a dopamine agonist, so I would
presume similar side effects to other agonists. The agonist I'm familiar
with is "Parlodel" (Sandoz corp), which is bromocriptine-mesylate. Side
effects and incidence of adverse reactions are estimated to be at
around 69% and include dizziness (8-16%), drowsiness (8%), fainting (8%),
and syncope (1%). There are special precautions for persons who are
experiencing hyperprolactinaemia, lactation, acromegaly, and Parkinsons.
 Apomorphine itself is not listed in the PDR, but as an agonist of
dopamine, this should be pretty close. Good luck.

                                      Laurie Davison
                                      ldavison at