tract tracing +immuno

Denis Boire boired at ere.umontreal.ca
Fri Apr 5 20:35:37 EST 1996

I am looking for a retrograde tracer that could be utilized in combination with
immunohistochemistry which requires a fixation with 5% glutaraldehyde and revealed with
a peroxidaze reaction. Since so much glut is involved ...fluorecent tracers seem to be out of
the question. I am condidering cholera toxin B or biocityn and doing a double immuno
labelling. HRP labelling for neurotransmitter immuno and alkaline phosphatase labelling
of the tracer.
Has anyone experience with this combination

Denis Boire
Groupe de recherche en neuropsychologie experimentale
Departement de psychologie
Universite de Montreal.