Emotions

David V Baldwin dvb at teleport.com
Sat Apr 6 00:07:53 EST 1996

Shaw Green (shawg at aisb.ed.ac.uk) wrote:

:  Does anyone have any more up todate references on the role of the
:  limbic system particularly the hippocampus and amygdala in the
:  production of the emotional responses we feel to certain stimula. What
:  for instance is the current view of how certain peoples faces can
:  generate a fearful response ? obviously there is some memory involved
:  here but how are memories of facial characteristics linked to
:  emotions.  [....]

There are some useful references on this topic at my Trauma Info Pages web
site (see sig file for 2 URLs), though no simple answers.

Hope you find the information there helpful.

                                   david
  -  Email:  dvb at teleport.com      David Baldwin, PhD     (541) 686 2598  -
  -  Regular mail:   PO Box 11143    Eugene, Oregon    USA    97440-3343  -
  -  WWW: Trauma Info Pages http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~dvb/trauma.htm  -
  -       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ http://www.teleport.com/~dvb/trauma.htm       -