Electromagnetic fields and Parkinsons

Laurie Davison ldavison at ukcc.uky.edu
Fri Apr 5 15:32:06 EST 1996

I am currently studying the effects of dopamine and melatonin on seasonal
reproductive cyclicity in the mare. In my searches I keep coming accross
articles involving the use of electromagnetic fields in the treatment of
Parkinson's Disease. Can anyone out there tell me what physiological
effect EM has in patients? Specifically, does it tend to
increase/decrease levels of endogenous dopamine or melatonin and/or does
it affect sensitivity to these substances?
    I appreciate your help!

                                      Sincerely,
                                      Laurie Davison
                                      Gluck Equine Research Center