Electromagnetic fields and Parkinsons

Laurie Davison ldavison at ukcc.uky.edu
Tue Apr 9 11:22:53 EST 1996

Thorsten,
     Thanks for getting back to me. To be honest, I don't know enough
about EM fields to specify. I came accross references to the treatment of
Parkinsons while running a lit search on dopamine and it made me begin
asking questions in my mind... I am investigating the inhibition of GnRH
secretion during seasonal anestrous in mares. Dopamine is thought to be
one of the many inhibiting factors, as is photoperiod (thus my wondering
about EM's and melatonin). Specifically, I suppose I would be interested
in knowing precisely *what* frequencies, intensities, etc, are enough to
cause an increase in either the production, secretion, or sensitivity of
the hypothalamus to either DOP or melatonin. As little as I know (being
an endocrinologist and not a neurobiologist), I would appreciate anything
I can learn on this subject.
      I appreciate your time!

                                         Laurie Davison
                                         ldavison at ukcc.uky.edu