Q: cellular basis of sensorimotor rhythms

Mark Laubach laubach at biogfx.neuro.wfu.edu
Thu Apr 11 12:49:41 EST 1996

laubach at biogfx.neuro.wfu.edu (Mark Laubach) wrote:

>Does anyone know of any recent studies that have examined the cellular
>basis (i.e., intracellular recordings) of the 20 Hz "somatomotor"
>rhythm and / or the mu (10-15 Hz) rhythm?

>Mark Laubach

I wanted to clarify this posting.

I am interested in any info on thalamic and / or cortical oscillations
in the ranges of 10-15 and ~20 Hz.  I did not find much with medline
and wondered if there are any electrophysiologists out there who have
found oscillations in these ranges in the somatosensory, motor, or
intralaminar nuclei in the thalamus or in sensorimotor areas of
cortex.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Mark