Staining neurons in fixed tissue

Brian Scott brians at interlog.com
Sun Apr 14 13:02:11 EST 1996

In article <4kmgmm$a6r at credit.erin>,
James Fullard  <jfullard at tuzo.erin.utoronto.ca> wrote:
>Does anyone have any experience using Lucifer yellow on fixed
>insect nervous tissue?  There have been some studies using
>vertebrates and molluscs but I've never seen anything with insects.  I'd
>like to backfill some very small axons in a motor branch of a moth and
>using fixed tissue would make isolating the nervelets a lot easier.
>
>Thanks in advance.

Have you thought of using DiI or similar product from Molecular Probes
(e.g. DiO)?  They're supposed to work very well in fixed tissue.

Brian

--
Brian Scott            | "In other studies you go as far as others have gone
brians at interlog.com    |  before you, and there is nothing more to know; but