magnetic and electro-stimulation

Gwendolyn Hensinger ghensinger at envirolink.org
Tue Apr 16 00:37:48 EST 1996

Hi :)
   I'm writing a program for one of those light/sound machines that is
supposed to alter moods/relax you/whatever :) I have put in code for
driving 2 VERY powerful solenoids that are affixed to a plastic helmet
and are placed over the temporal lobes....I saw a show on the Discovery
channel where a Michael Persinger was doing this using very tiny solenoids
and milligause level fields...I was wondering if anyone has any comments
or warnings before I do too much experimenting with this...
  My program plays back a 3 second repeating digital buffer that drives
the solenoids from the parallel port....the port drives some IGBT's that
put dc into the solenoid coils...