calcium buffer software

Jeff Allen jwa at med.pitt.edu
Thu Apr 18 11:07:54 EST 1996

Caren Helbing wrote:

> Looking for free or shareware programs for calculating free calcium concentrations in
> physiological buffers. Seeking opinions on what are the best ones. Windows, DOS or Mac.

Caren,

Here are two PC programs.  I have not used either one so I can't give any opinion.

MaxChelator (MAXC v6.50) $10
Donald M Bers, Chris W. Patton, Richard Nuccitelli
A Practical Guide to the Preparation of Ca+2 Buffers
Methods in Cell Biology, 40, 3-29, 1994

Chris Patton
Stanford University
Hopkins Marine Station
Pacific Grove, CA 93960-3094

SPECS - freeware - source code in article
Alexander Fabiato
Computer Programs for Calculating Total from Specified Free or Free from Specific
Total Ionic Concentrations in Aqueous Solutions Containing Multiple Metals and Ligands
Methods in Enzymology, 157, 378-417, 1988

Alexander Fabiato
Dept. of Physiology
Medical College of Virginia
Richmond, VA 23298-0551