Bromocriptine and Blood Brain Barrier

Laurie Davison ldavison at
Fri Apr 19 10:20:57 EST 1996

   Can anyone out there tell me whether bromocriptine mesylate crosses
the blood-brain barrier? If "no", could you suggest another D2 agonist
that may be useful. I'm working with mares, so anything causing
side-effects that may cause them to become unmanageable is strictly
"out"! Thanks in advance for your help.

                                           Laurie Davison
                                           Gluck Equine Research Center
                                           ldavison at