Entrainment of brainwaves

Emery Carr ecarr at infohwy.com
Sun Apr 21 02:16:48 EST 1996

>This is an error in logic.  Given that (deep sleep implies Delta in
>EEG), it is not valid to infer that (Delta in EEG implies deep sleep).
>In fact the first is true and the second is false, at least in a
>causal sense.
>
>	-- Bill

Well yeah, of course -- I didn't really mean it like that necessarily.

It is valid to infer that since beta waves in the EEG correspondes
to waking conciousness then whenever other waves are evidenced (in the
EEG) that *something* has shifted internally.

The entire beta, alpha, theta, delta model of brainwaves is arbitrary
anyway...

The imporatant point is that states of consciousness can be shifted
in precise ways using sound.

Sigh . . . doesn't anybody have something useful to tell me about how
binaural beats work?