Any work in determining number of synapses to a target?

Terrence M. Brannon brannon at sapo.usc.edu
Sun Apr 21 16:10:28 EST 1996

I have to develop a research proposal for the developmental biology
part of my course. As a computer modeller, I have been irritated by
the assumptions that modellers make regarding the number of
connections that a presynaptic neuron makes on post-synaptics
neurons. Does anyone have any literature references on methods of
determining the exact number of neurons that are synapsing on a
postsynaptic site.

--
Terrence Brannon, Neuroscience & Information Science Depts
brannon at rana.usc.edu -*- http://rana.usc.edu:8376/~brannon