Any work in determining number of synapses to a target?

Terrence M. Brannon brannon at
Sun Apr 21 16:10:28 EST 1996

I have to develop a research proposal for the developmental biology
part of my course. As a computer modeller, I have been irritated by
the assumptions that modellers make regarding the number of
connections that a presynaptic neuron makes on post-synaptics
neurons. Does anyone have any literature references on methods of
determining the exact number of neurons that are synapsing on a
postsynaptic site.

Terrence Brannon, Neuroscience & Information Science Depts
brannon at -*-
home: (213) 764-9845 office - Fridays: (310) 822-1511 #308
U.S. Mail: 2629 Portland St. #306-B, Los Angeles, CA 90007