Q: status of neuro-silicon connections

Terrence M. Brannon brannon at sapo.usc.edu
Sun Apr 21 16:05:09 EST 1996

Ted Berger , a neurophysiologist, did this in concert with Bing Sheu,
an optical engineer. Both are here at USC

   Somone at USC was developing a chip which would respond to stimuli in the same
   way as a neuron would.  Eventually, they hope to use it as a "prosthetic"
   neuron, perhaps replacing some function lost to disease or trauma.  I can't
   remember their name though.

   - Joe

   Toby Orloff (min.soft at ix.netcom.com) wrote:
   : For a short story I'm writing I would be very grateful for a summary
   : (or pointers, preferably on-line) of current research on interfacing
   : living nerve impulses to semiconductor devices.  What are the successes
   : and failures of this to date?

   : Please respond by email.
   : Thanks, Toby Orloff
   : min.soft at ix.netcom.com
--
Terrence Brannon, Neuroscience & Information Science Depts
brannon at rana.usc.edu -*- http://rana.usc.edu:8376/~brannon