object seen while swimming

Jeff Baldwin mvcs at gramercy.ios.com
Tue Apr 23 00:32:00 EST 1996

Diana van Driel wrote:
> >..... I swim I see little things floating which I think are in my
> > eyelids.
> >two different forms float past.  One looks like a bunch of
> > circles
> >attached on the sides and open at one end.  the other paritcle
> > is like a
> >piece of RNA ( a squiglley thin tube with little beads in it
> >at various
> >places.
>
> They're just floaters (no pun intended!). Probably you only notice them
> while swimming, but they are around at other times.
>
> Diana van Driel
> Dept Ophthalmology
> Sydney University
> AUSTRALIA 2006

Say! I've seen these same "thingies" and have heard that they are
floaters. But I also see something that looks like lights moving along
pre-defined paths. The paths intertwine and when lights go behind some
paths then the lights become invisible. It looks like they are small dots
of light moving on a contorted freeway sort of setup. The floaters are
fairly stationary, except that they float and are wildly effected by
blinking. The lights I see move along the same paths all the time and
unaffected by blinking. I only see the lights when I look, for instance,
at a really blue sky and get real still. Any thoughts what these
pinlights might be?

Just interested,
-JB