Electric signals

Hannah Dvorak hdvorak at cns.caltech.edu
Tue Apr 23 18:35:58 EST 1996

In article <dmest9+-2304961258570001 at ehdup-c1-3.rmt.net.pitt.edu>, dmest9+ at pitt.edu (Don M. Edwards) says:

>I am interested in finding detailed information on how electrical impulses
>are transferred down the axis of neurons.  I know the basics on it, and I
>understand how the polarity reversal across the membrane works, but I want
>more detailed information.
>
>Can anyone point me towards a source for such a thing?

Try a standard neuro textbook, e.g.

 TITLE        Principles of neural science / edited by Eric R. Kandel, James H.
                Schwartz, Thomas M. Jessell.
 EDITION      3rd ed.
 IMPRINT      New York : Elsevier, c1991.
 COLLATION    xliv, 1135 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
 NOTE         Includes bibliographical references and index.
 SUBJECT      Neurology.
              Neurons.
 ALT AUTHOR   Kandel, Eric R.
              Schwartz, James H.
              Jessell, Thomas M.

or

 AUTHOR       Nicholls, John G.
 TITLE        From neuron to brain : a cellular and molecular approach to the
                function of the nervous system / John G. Nicholls, A. Robert
                Martin, Bruce G. Wallace.
 EDITION      3rd ed.
 IMPRINT      Sunderland, Mass. : Sinauer Associates, c1992.
 COLLATION    xx, 807 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
 NOTE         Rev. ed. of: From neuron to brain / Stephen W. Kuffler, John G.
                Nicholls, A. Robert Martin. 2nd ed. c1984.
              Includes bibliographical references and index.
 SUBJECT      Neurophysiology.

Hannah Dvorak			hdvorak at cns.caltech.edu
Division of Biology 216-76
California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125