How the Brain Works and More

Ruadhan O'Flanagan rof at maths.tcd.ie
Tue Apr 23 04:26:08 EST 1996

paul at phy.ucsf.edu (Paul Bush) writes:

>Here is an essay that
>describes how I have come to understand reality. First I shall
>explain the brain, to show that the theory is grounded in reality. I
>will then go on to show how this explanation leads us to an objective
>framework for knowledge representation. This theory has interesting
>philosophical implications.

 Your model of brain function looks very much like the model of sensory
perception that I have described in "Neural Correlate of Conscious Phenomena".
You are essentially correct insofar as you have described perception (this
model is pretty obvious), however your model does not explain memory, emotion,
abstract thought, internal speech, or voluntary motor control.

For a full description of the neural systematics of mentation, see
http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~rof/neuro  or the paper is also available from the
psychology preprint server(http://unix.ccsnet.com/prep).

Happy AIing.

Ruadhan O'Flanagan <rof at maths.tcd.ie>.