How the Brain Works and More

Paul Bush paul at phy.ucsf.edu
Tue Apr 23 19:24:15 EST 1996

In article <4li7ng$jcg at bell.maths.tcd.ie>, rof at maths.tcd.ie (Ruadhan O'Flanagan) writes:

|>  Your model of brain function looks very much like the model of sensory
|> perception that I have described in "Neural Correlate of Conscious Phenomena".

Cool, I'll have to check it out when I have some time.

|> You are essentially correct insofar as you have described perception (this
|> model is pretty obvious), however your model does not explain memory, emotion,
|> abstract thought, internal speech, or voluntary motor control.

Check out 'A Neural Theory of Mind' that I posted. It explains all these things in
a related way, and describes how neurons do it.

Also check out the next post I make which will contain further refinements and
more detail on implementation in the cortical circuitry.

Paul