How the Brain Works and More

Ruadhan O'Flanagan rof at maths.tcd.ie
Wed Apr 24 06:46:38 EST 1996

Brian J Flanagan <bflanagn at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu> writes:

>BJ: O'Flanagan! A hearty hello from this end of the clan to you and
>yours! We used to sign ourselves "O'Flanagan" but dropped the "O" after
>moving over here in a cunning move toward assimilation.

Well, "O" is as "O" does, has always been my motto(well, not really).

>BJ: Well, you're both grossly mistaken, but no matter; I see the
>difficulty now.

I hate that uneasy feeling that I've made a terrible mistake somewhere
but never find out what it was ;-).

>> You are essentially correct (BJ: Read: "You are somewhere in the local
>system, well within the orbit of Pluto")...

Getting the right solar system is the hard bit. A lot of the consciousness
"experts" are still asking each other hypothetical questions about zombies
and why the cerebellum isn't conscious etc..

Say hello to all my long (probably very long) lost relatives over the ocean
for me :-).

Ruadhan.

"Damn. I'm reduced to using the 2nd hand sigs."