object seen while swimming

Dennis McClain-Furmanski dmcclain at runet.edu
Thu Apr 25 04:25:58 EST 1996

Jeff Baldwin (mvcs at gramercy.ios.com) wrote:
:
: Say! I've seen these same "thingies" and have heard that they are
: floaters. But I also see something that looks like lights moving along
: pre-defined paths. The paths intertwine and when lights go behind some
: paths then the lights become invisible. It looks like they are small dots
: of light moving on a contorted freeway sort of setup. The floaters are
: fairly stationary, except that they float and are wildly effected by
: blinking. The lights I see move along the same paths all the time and
: unaffected by blinking. I only see the lights when I look, for instance,
: at a really blue sky and get real still. Any thoughts what these
: pinlights might be?

Just blood vessels in the retina

I get them when I sneeze hard due to a vascular spasm.