avian neuroanatomy, brain atlas?

jcoleman at msvax.mssm.edu jcoleman at msvax.mssm.edu
Thu Apr 25 18:22:56 EST 1996

In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.960424173947.17431A-100000 at hamlet.uncg.edu>, Shan Bentz <s_bentz at hamlet.uncg.edu> writes:

>I'm trying to find an avian brain atlas and/or neuroanatomy text.  I'm
>especially interested in passerines...  Surely there's an atlas of the
>zebra finch, right?  Anybody know where I should look?  (UNCG's library
>is exceptionally bad in this area, I'm afraid!)
>
>Thanks in advance,
>scb

>s. c. bentz
>unc-greensboro
>department of psychology
>296 eberhart bldg.
>greensboro, north carolina 27423-5001
>s_bentz at hamlet.uncg.edu or sbentz at bgsm.edu
>http://www.uncg.edu:80/~s_bentz/shan.html
>  q  u  a  e  r  e  n  d  o
> i  n  v  e  n  i  e  t  i  s

there is one in the Journal of Comparative Neurology (I think *argh*) by
Nottebohm....however I am pretty sure he's not the first author....someone
borrowed my vast birdsong literature and I haven't gotten my folder back
yet...but see if you can find it...in the meantime I'll go repossess my folder
and see if I can find it.

Jen