Receptor Binding

Han NianLin medp4058 at leonis.nus.sg
Fri Apr 26 04:54:11 EST 1996

Dear Colleagues,

I am doing some research about angiotensin II receptor in brain. To
terminate the reaction between the radioligand and the membrane, there
are two major methods: centrifugation, filtration. People usually use the
filtration because it is easier and faster. My question is whether the
filtration will lose some very high affinity binding sites because the
background is very high? Is centrifugation able to detect the extremely
high affinity binding sites?

Thank you in advance for your kind replies. I am looking forward to
receiving your precious suggestions.

Your sincerely,

Han