Entrainment of brainwaves

G K GRAY gord at homostudy.win-uk.net
Sat Apr 27 05:41:49 EST 1996

Reply to; gord at homostudy.win-uk.net

To put the matter this way is to miss the whole point of the
question, which concerns *not* the physical transmission of *sound*
per se, but of the *neural impulses* which have quite different
physico-chemical properties and travel at varying velocities that
can be controlled by *information*, not merely by *temperature* as
in the case of sound.
        In other words, what is seen on the EEG is a *translation*
ofthe acoustic (and electro-magnetic) Beat Effect, so we must ask
what advantage does this ability have for the survival of the
orgnaism. The answer I gave is that the neural circuitry involved
was not "invented" to make life easier for piano tuners, etc.,for
other species have the same ability, but is a *by-product* of the
system which enables an animal to detect the *source* of a sound,
which can represent a danger or a meal.

Gord