Bromocriptine and Blood Brain Barrier

Laurie Davison ldavison at ukcc.uky.edu
Tue Apr 30 14:41:11 EST 1996

I suppose I should clarify what I'm after. I need to know whether
bromocriptine or other D2 agonists (or antagonists, for that matter) can
stimulate GnRH release. I am aware that both the Ant. Pituitary and
Median eminence lie outside the barrier, but I need to be sure that the
agonist I use will reach the hypothalamus itself. Since dopamine does not
cross the barrier, this is a concern.
   By the way, Chana... you're 16? Wow! I'm in awe! :)

                                               -Laurie Davison-