Bromocriptine and Blood Brain Barrier

Laurie Davison ldavison at ukcc.uky.edu
Tue Apr 30 13:42:35 EST 1996

Actually, this was my concern and my reason for asking. I understand that
dopamine itself cannot pass the blood-brain barrier, which is why L-dopa
is used instead in Parkinson's patients. It concerned me that
bromocriptine may have a similar enough structure to dopamine that it
would not pass the barrier. I appreciate your responses!

                                            -Laurie Davison-