Maesurement of Neurotransmitter

Mariano Viapiano mviapiano at reset.dtdsi.com
Sun Apr 28 23:35:40 EST 1996

Hi!

 s> in rats. The authors used a method that allowed the measurement in the
 s> living animal ("living brain"). They implanted a syringe with a dialytic
 s> membrane with a constant flow of ringer. The Substances (i.e.
 s> My question:
 s> Can anyone explain me exactly (!) how the method works ? I'm thinking

The method is called "microdialysis" and it works almost exactly equal
as a common dialysis through semipermeant membranes. If you want to know
more about the technique you could contact the following people:
Sandra Lev       sandra at iibce.edu.uy
Federico Dajas   fdajas at iibce.edu.uy

They are specialized neuroscientists working on the microdialysis field.
They can talk to you about methodology and can recommend you even more
specialized contacts in your country.

Best regards,

Mariano Viapiano.
viapiano at criba.edu.ar