Emergency HELP!!!!- tremors and numbness - getting worse. Please

Timothy L Wyant twyant at umabnet.ab.umd.edu
Fri Aug 2 10:39:39 EST 1996

On Thu, 1 Aug 1996, mark minevich wrote:

> Hello to the good people of the Internet world.
>

> HELP!!! HELP!!!!!!
>
> On Monday afternoon, my right arm and my arm leg suddenly became numb. It
> is not completely paralyzed. However, it feels very numb with "pins and
> needles" sensation.

SNIP

> What could be causing it? Could this be muscle problem,nervous system
> problem or a virus.
>

> Just a little bit about myself. I am very hard and energetic worker. I am
> 26 years old and specialize in advanced technology: internet,multimedia
> and wireless.

SNIP

> Please give me any suggestion. I am in a lot of pain.
>
> Thanks much,
>
> Mark
> New Jersey

Mark,  I am in NO way an expert in this field, however, I was wondering if
the problem may be a pinched nerve in the back. I have back problems
myself and periodically get similar (although not to the extent you
described) symptoms.  I have noticed that when I sit at the computer for
any extendend time, I bring about these problems.

I only brought this up because of your job description.

How's your posture?  (mine is poor)

I can say, I have serious doubts on a viral origin, but I would not count
it out.

TLWPHD