Epilepsy-Where to go for Reasearch?

Agigage7 agigage7 at aol.com
Sat Aug 3 17:06:41 EST 1996

Hello!
   My name is Roseshel Young Spirit Martin, and I am an undergraduate at
UMASS Lowell.  I am studying psychology, and wish to obtain my PH.D in
Neuroscience.  My sister was an epileptic.  She died on July 20, 1996, and
was only 30 years old.  I am hoping that someone out there will get this
message, and can help me with my dream.  Since her death, I have decided
that not only do I wish to study neuroscience and brain anatomy, but I
would like to do extensive research on epilepsy.  She was out with her new
husband of only one month newly-wed, and she was walking behind him.  He
heard a banging sound, and he turned.  When he turned, there was my sister
on the ground unconscious, and bleeding profusely from the head.  She had
a scull fracture, and lost oxygen to the brain, before the ambulance could
arrive.  She fell into a coma, and died the next day.  My mother died just
two years prior.  I do not have a father.  I now have one brother still
alive, and I wish to immerse myself in research, in honor of my deceased
family.  I am twenty-three years old, and I am a hard worker, and I get
good grades.  My GPA is 3.87-could be better!  If you are someone or know
someone who could help me learn more about neuroscience, how to get into a
good grad. school, or how to find a program that offers a stipend for my
research efforts, please e-mail me at: Agigage7 at AOL.com.  The doctors who
evaluated my sister could not prove that she lost consciousness from a
seizure.  I, on the other hand, do not believe that my sister fell down
two little steps, did not even bother to break her fall, and died because
she was careless.  Please help me.  Thank you for your time and
consideration concerning this matter.  Help me find a way to learn more
about epilepsy, and to teach others...