Melatonin and Sleep

James Howard phis at sprynet.com
Sat Aug 3 04:21:47 EST 1996

Since a melatonin thread is making its way around several of the news
groups, I invite those interested in this topic to read my theory of
sleep involving melatonin and DHEA at http://www.naples.net/~nfn03605
on the web.  My theory has recently received significant support.  It
predicts that, during sleep, rises in DHEA cause REM sleep.  This was
supported in 1995.  "DHEA administration induced a significant
increase in rapid eye movement sleep, whereas all other sleep
variables remained unchanged compared with the placebo condition."
American Journal of Physiology 1995; 268: E107

James Howard