Melatonin and Sleep

James Howard phis at
Sat Aug 3 04:21:47 EST 1996

Since a melatonin thread is making its way around several of the news
groups, I invite those interested in this topic to read my theory of
sleep involving melatonin and DHEA at
on the web.  My theory has recently received significant support.  It
predicts that, during sleep, rises in DHEA cause REM sleep.  This was
supported in 1995.  "DHEA administration induced a significant
increase in rapid eye movement sleep, whereas all other sleep
variables remained unchanged compared with the placebo condition."
American Journal of Physiology 1995; 268: E107

James Howard