My mother's numb feet: a reply

Lai, Ken klai at pbi.nrc.ca
Thu Aug 8 14:29:40 EST 1996

Sheila in Houston:

Sorry, about not responding earlier, but I left for vacation the same day
your request arrived.  My wife, who was 23 had the same thing happen to her
after bending and crouching for a prolonged period of time, approx. 13
hours.  The numbness went from her feet to about half way up her calves.
The doctors have seen this happen quite often, due to these mentioned
circumstances, with the numbness disappearing completely within 1.5 months.
 My wife's condition, thankfully, was temporary and she recovered
completely, however, if she had not a battery of neurological test were to
be conducted.

I hope this alleviates some of the tension.

Sincerely,
Ken Lai