DO YOU NEED SOME CASH?

Richard Kerr kerrr at CRYPTIC.RCH.UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Fri Aug 9 07:49:05 EST 1996

At 19:05 8/08/96 GMT, you wrote:
>In <4tui7a$ber at darla.visi.com> dsgood at visi.com (Daniel Goodman) writes:
>

>>In article <32028866.3203 at vixa.voyager.net>,
>>Jeff Heisler  <jheiler at vixa.voyager.net> wrote:
>>>The scheme mentioned in the "letter" constitutes wire fraud.
>>>Those with their names found on the list have been subject to
>criminal
>>>investigation.
>>>	"But the man in the letter says he talked to his lawyer." you
>>>say.  Yes, but could he say his laywer agreed, or that his lawyer
>said
>>>this was legal?
>>>	No.
>>>	The letter was writen with great craftsmanship to give you the
>>>impression it passed a lawyer's inspection.
>>>	Any lawyer worth his salt would know better.
>>>	It's illegal.
>>It's not illegal _everywhere_.  I'm told that it's not illegal in the
>>Netherlands (by someone on the staff of an Internet provider there --
>they
>>did deal with the offender, who of course was breaking his service
>>agreement).  It _may_ be legal in Israel (which, I think, is where the
>>message you're talking about came from) -- though this would _not_
>keep it
>>from being illegal in the US, Canada, and various other countries.
>>
>>Dan Goodman
>>--
>>Dan Goodman
>>MPLS, MN, USA
>>"The only peace is that interior in us."

i thought that was why we are in this game......to make sure that our
allergy to cash isn't "boosted".
besides, chain letters are right up there with Amway.
Richard Kerr.
The Murdoch Institute,
R.C.H. Flemington Rd, Parkville, 3052,
AUSTRALIA.