Pheromones and the VNO

john john at nine7.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 8 01:51:02 EST 1996

In article <4u23mu$cpj at dfw-ixnews2.ix.netcom.com>
           bcb56 at ix.netcom.com(Betty "Betty Bridges" writes:

> I read an article recently on pheromones and the VNO.  Are pheromones
> the only chemicals that stimulate this site?  Also is this site
> strictly a receptor for chemicals that stimulate mating instincts and
> the reproductive system or can it be a pathway for other chemical
> stimulus?
>
> Betty Bridges, RN

Orchids are said to produce chemicals that attract insects.
One sort has the shape of a female house fly.
Given that Orchids have been so sort after by humans, then perhaps a broad
mamals nose attracting chemical is produced to carry pollen from plant to
plant.
Likly to have a sexual afect too. --john
(Everybody wants to be certifiably nice on this tide of awesome tech' power.)c?
(Posts mispelt or not should be written with content to be worth saving
so as apathy doesn't drown lurkers)c?